On April 28, SCEA organized and facilitated an event focused on data visualization at WeWork in Hollywood. The topic came from our members, who indicated on a membership survey in 2017 that this was an area of professional interest. Two groups of presenters shared their expertise with us: Stephen Maack and Arlene Hopkins (GIS and Evaluation), and Alma Boutin-Martinez and Hilary Molina (Infogram and Tableau). It was a great time of learning and networking! Special thanks to Laura Keene for offering us a venue at WeWork to host our event.
Data visualization resources identified as useful by our presenters:
- Data Visualization Checklist
- Visualizations That Really Work
- The Three Elements of Successful Data Visualizations
- Visualizing Data (a Harvard Business Review Insight Center Report)
- About ArcGIS
- Policy Map
- GIS in Evaluation Utilizing the Power of Geographic Information Systems to Represent Evaluation Data
It was great seeing old and new faces. We hope to see you at our upcoming event in August! More information to come soon.