The Southern California Evaluation Association (SCEA) is a community of evaluators who are committed to quality and innovation in evaluation practice and research. SCEA’s mission is to strengthen the evaluation field by providing professional development, collaboration, and networking opportunities to evaluators.
Who We Are:
The SCEA was established in 2003 as a local affiliate of the American Evaluation Association (AEA). SCEA members are evaluation practitioners and scholars who are committed to the advancement of the evaluation field. SCEA members practice, research, and teach in various sectors, including education, energy, social services, health, and more. Employment settings include universities, foundations, government, non-profit organizations, and private consulting firms. Members are located throughout Southern California from Santa Barbara to San Diego and from West Los Angeles to the Inland Empire.
To achieve its mission and serve its members, the SCEA offers opportunities to:
- Engage in presentations on topics relevant to evaluators,
- Network with other evaluators,
- Access educational learning resources made available through partnerships with other AEA local affiliate groups,
- Connect to a national network of evaluators, and
- Have insightful and fun discussions with fellow evaluators.
How to connect with SCEA: